Monday 20 May 2013

THE WAY FORWARD

       Firstly I'd like to say, you gotta be impressed with the way we qualified for champions league last night... It all started way back in March when we became only the 2nd team last season to beat Bayern in their home.. That was the beginning of the comeback... Did we win anything? An emphatic NO. But we once again showed our consistency in the last 17 seasons by belonging in the elite tournament of tournaments... The Champions League... Here's my point... We can't attract the right kind of players when you don't qualify for the champions league... The time has come for Arsenal to spend Big or at least spend properly on quality and no more on average players... Firstly I'm glad Arshavin, Fabianski and Squillachi's contracts are all expiring this summer... That should free up the wage bill a bit... We also have Denilson, Bendtner, Djorou, Park, Chamakh, Frimpong (all on loans outside) and Sagna and Mannone who's contracts all end in the summer of next year (2014)... So i figure a good clear out should be on the cards this summer...Get rid of them and bring in a few really good players.... I'm gonna highlight a few players in a few positions where we need strengthening... These are players I'm aware are available this transfer window..

STRIKERS

1. ROONEY
He wants to leave Man U because he "can't" work with his former manager David Moyes
Buy please
2. LEWANDOWSKI
Great finisher but I wonder how well he can adapt to the EPL? Strikes me as a fragile player.. However that's just my own opinion.. Still think if we can get him we should
3. HIGUAIN
Hasn't been playing regularly in Real Madrid because Mourinho prefers Benzema (so do I.. Lol) but he's waaay ahead of Giroud in quality.. So.. Why not?
4. JOVETIC
Heard this ones a done deal.. Lets wait and see.. Pretty good tho.. But would prefer him as a back up, not our first choice striker..

Here's my point... Let's get any 2 of these strikers if possible.. If I were realistic, maybe ROONEY and JOVETIC.. If we can achieve that then that would be a coup and would definitely make a statement...

MIDFIELDER

1. MARCO REUS
Boy! Would I love to have this guy play for Arsenal! Nuff said.. Watch him in the Champions League final..

2. ISCO
Fantastic player.. Very creative..


DEFENDER
1. LUKASZ PISZCZEK

Solid replacement for Sagna

GOALKEEPER
1. JULIUS CEASAR

Almost perfect No 1 keeper for Arsenal.. Szczesny would thrive and learn a lot from him..

So that's basic.. If we can make this happen, and I know we can we'll be back to winning ways trophy wise..


Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below...
Thanks

Ik
Follow me on twitter @iklemieux

1 comment:

  1. Great post IK. I agree with most of the things here but isco and marco are not something I feel wenger can pull off.I would be extremely ecstatic if he could though. Jovetic is nice but not prolific enuff. I think its time AFC show some major cajones and sign Lewandowski and Rooney. Put up or ship out hour for Wenger.

    ReplyDelete